6 Great Tips for Women with Large Size Feet to Buy Leather Shoes to Last
Large Sized Shoes are difficult to find in any major retailer. Finding well-made and comfortable women’s shoes in size 10, 11, 12, 13 is an impossible task.
Most women with problems finding their size have benefited from many on-line stores. Shipping Women’s shoes in sizes 5, 10, 11, 12 have become the only way to purchase plus- sized shoes for many women.
I have been blessed with size 11 feet, and after giving birth to my children, I found my feet relax and expand to size 12.
Being a shoe designer, you would think it could have been easier to get my size of shoes.
I spent over a decade working with different shoe manufacturers around the world.
I found that, even being the “insider,” I often spent a lot of money for my special size of shoes, but the shoes I was getting did not fit correctly and became uncomfortable.
Luckily, I was visiting Italy often enough and getting my well made shoes in Italy.
These shoes were unique, handcrafted and made to last 10 years. I would invest in classic and timeless styles.
In 2014, I launched my own business, and my major goal is to deliver shoes in the larger, hard-to-find sizes in great long-lasting quality.
Below, I share my top secrets about buying good quality leather women’s plus size shoes to last
1. Prefer Italian manufacturers. Very few companies invest in well fitting large shoes made in Asia. Italian shoemakers understand the grading much better. Italian made shoes are a luxury worth your money.
2. Invest in leather lining shoes and boots. Synthetic lining promotes skin to sweat and wears out much faster.
3. Buy good Soles. Traditional leather soles allow you to enjoy your long-lasting purchase. Thinner soles wear out faster. Look for thick soles on boots, and rubber non-slip sole pads are recommended for boots only.
4. Brush your suede shoes with a special suede brush to maintain quality and new look. Spray suede color refreshing product to keep the color intense and fresh.
5. Spray new boots with water-resistant spray to seal the surface of the leather with a protective layer against rain and ice conditions.
6. Polish your leather vamps of boots and shoes in the winter. Like our skin, cream makes the leather softer, more elastic and durable.
DESIGNER MONIKA KUSINSKA
With more than 15 years of experience designing for women’s fashion brands, award-winning shoe designer Monika Kusinska launched Autograf New York in 2014. Driven by her personal endeavor to find well-made, comfortable shoes in uncommon sizes in the United States, Kusinska decided to bring the luxury of high-quality, Italian leather shoes stateside. In 2000, she attended Parsons School of Design with a concentration on footwear, and later designed for women’s shoe brands including Ann Taylor, Fossil, Lucchese and Camuto Group.