Love for Shoes is a harmless obsession of many women. We buy shoes to feel good, to look great and to manifest our style and desires.
Well-made shoes from Italy and affordable shoes are opposites. However, in recent few years, producing boutique runs of well-made shoes took off with the help of social media and youtube channels.
Finding manufacturers to run small quantities of leather shoes is the biggest challenge. The Italian industry, hit the hardest with footwear business moving off shore, took the lead in flexibility to work with small quantity designers.
Here are the six benefits of buying Boutique labels of Italian made shoes:
- Italian manufacturers are often family-owned factories committed to the art and craft of making good shoes. Italian made shoes are made with the best leather, best soles – available on European markets at local prices.
- Italian shoemakers understand fit and comfort like no other people in the world. These craftsmen and women have been steeped in the tradition of shoe making most of their lives and often for 30-40 years.
- Grading in Italy is unmatched in the world. I am a shoe designer and wear size 12 and have not found better technicians and pattern makers than the Italians in more than 10 years of work for major US footwear companies.
*Grading is a process of taking a design idea often sampled at size 37 (US 6.5-7) and making all sizes. Only Italian graders know what happens to feet past size 10. Longer feet are proportionally slimmer to smaller sizes. That is the main reason most large sizes of women’s shoes produced in Asia are often too wide, slip off the heel and hurt.
- Quality is the key to investing in long-lasting shoes. When you love a pair of black heels or flats, don’t you wish you could hold onto them forever? Invest in well-made shoes, and you will. Inexpensive shoes don’t last, hurt and fall apart sometimes weeks after purchase.
- Handcrafted shoes received more soul attention during the process of making them. Human hands are unmatched tools, and paired with the other senses, including an experienced eye, are more powerful than any machines in the world. There is something special about handcrafted shoes. There is a story behind every pair.
- Support independent designers. When you buy boutique style shoes, you are getting limited editions, and exclusive design. Buy at small boutiques, and you will have an original and unique pair of shoes not available at department stores.
DESIGNER MONIKA KUSINSKA
With more than 15 years of experience designing for women’s fashion brands, award-winning shoe designer Monika Kusinska launched Autograf New York in 2014. Driven by her personal endeavor to find well-made, comfortable shoes in uncommon sizes in the United States, Kusinska-Paez decided to bring the luxury of high-quality, Italian leather shoes stateside. In 2000, she attended Parsons School of Design with a concentration on footwear, and later designed for women’s shoe brands including Ann Taylor, Fossil, Lucchese and Camuto Group.